reviewing on GitLab

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Fri Jun 7 00:56:14 UTC 2019

Richard Eisenberg <rae at richarde.dev> writes:

> Very helpfully, that document now has GitLab issue numbers. I just
> pinged the one about the discussions tab.
>
> One issue in that document that doesn't have a GitLab Issue number is
> "Issue 5: Prioritising numbers". Ben (or others who have interfaced
> with GL central): has this been reported upstream? I'm reluctant to do
> so without the context of our collaboration.

Hi Richard,

Alp dug up a few previous issues requesting a number-centric UI (#21712
and #1734; references added to document). For better or worse, both have
been closed, one merge request changing the behavior ended in a revert,
and at least some GitLab contributors believe that titles make for a
better identifier. Regardless, I think there is a strong argument to be
made that this should at very least be configurable; we can try to make
this argument.

Cheers,

- Ben