Try haskell-ide-engine on GHC!

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 11:21:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

As some of you know I have been working on getting haskell-ide-engine
working on GHC for the last few months. Perhaps now the branch is in a
usable state where people can try it and report issues. All the basic
features such as, hover, completion, error reporting, go to definition
etc should work well. I suspect this will be enough for most
developers.

I have compiled a list of instructions about how to try out the branch.

https://gist.github.com/mpickering/68ae458d2c426a29a7c1ddf798dbc793

In the last few weeks Zubin has been a great help finishing some parts
of the patch that I lost steam for and given it a much better chance
of getting merged into the main repo before the end of the year.

Cheers,

Matt