Typing rules for Haskell

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Wed Jul 24 21:07:12 UTC 2019

Hi devs,

Simon and I were wondering about a tight specification for the recent action in proposal #253 (https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/253 <https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/253>). We needed to see the typing rules. So I made a repo (https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/haskell <https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/haskell>) to collect typing rules for source Haskell. I managed to convince the CI infrastructure to produce a PDF at every upload; it is linked from the README.

The current version contains the proposed result signatures; it should probably be in a branch, but life is short.

Contributions very welcome!
Richard