Guarded Impredicativity

Artem Pelenitsyn a.pelenitsyn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 15:22:19 UTC 2019

Hello Ryan,

Your example seems to work out of the box with the GI branch.

With the oneliner Matthew posted before:
nix run -f
https://github.com/mpickering/ghc-artefact-nix/archive//master.tar.gz \
ghc-head-from -c ghc-head-from \
https://gitlab.haskell.org/mpickering/ghc/-/jobs/114593/artifacts/raw/ghc-x86_64-fedora27-linux.tar.xz
It is really easy to check. Also, I didn't see anywhere mentioned that one
need to provide -XImpredicativeTypes. The whole example, therefore, is:

{-#LANGUAGE ImpredicativeTypes, ConstraintKinds #-}

module M where
type F f = (Functor f, forall a. Eq (f a))

--
Best, Artem