gitlab sometimes slow

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Wed Jul 17 15:20:14 UTC 2019

Hi all,

GitLab is sometimes a bit slow. I understand we host this ourselves, and faster is more expensive. My question: how much more expensive? That is, if we throw $100 at the problem, will gitlab be speedy? Will it take $1,000? $10,000? If it's the first one, then let's just blast ahead. If it's not, perhaps knowing what it would take would either help me accept the status quo (I know that every time my page loads slowly, the Haskell community has saved several dollars) or we could contemplate chipping in somehow.

Thanks!
Richard