Issue weight migration

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Jul 11 15:36:04 UTC 2019

Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> writes:

> Isn't there already a "needs triage" label separate from this? Which would
> make that plus explicit priority a suggested priority to guide whoever's
> doing triage. (I expect triage goes beyond simply priority setting, e.g.
> making sure it has the right component(s) and maybe assigning specific
> people who know that component.)

Yes, this is precisely my concern. If our experience with Trac is any
guide it seems likely that reporters will indeed set issues priorities
and it's not clear that this is something that we want to discourage.

For this reason I haven't yet removed the "needs triage" label and won't
do so until we get a sense for how frequently reporters set the priority
themselves.

Cheers,

- Ben