Weight field in issues too fine grained?

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Tue Jul 2 13:57:46 UTC 2019

Matthew Pickering <matthewtpickering at gmail.com> writes:

> It isn't possible to change how the weight field works but as Bryan
> points out we could use some of the more advanced label features.
>
> A scoped label (https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/labels.html#scoped-labels-premium)
> could be suitable for weight so that it is enforced that each issue
> only has one weight.
>
> Currently my understanding of weight is that
>
> 1. (Obviously) hIgh priority issues are marked as 10
> 2. (Obviously) low priority issues are marked as 3
> 3. Everything else is left as

Right. I would suggest that we convert the weight field into two
(mutually exclusive) labels:

 * P::High would be category (1)
 * P::Low would be category (2)
 * No P::* label would imply categoy (3)

Does this sound reasonable to everyone? I could cobble together a script
to make this change in about 10 minutes if so.

Cheers,

- Ben