User manual

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Mon Jul 1 18:52:06 UTC 2019

Matthew Pickering <matthewtpickering at gmail.com> writes:

> It seems the the `doc-tarball` job stopped working because the
> `-deb9-debug` variant uses the `validate` flavour which doesn't build
> the documentation pdf.
>
> How is best to fix this Ben? The dwarf build does have the PDF but is 350mb .

A good question. I can see that we probably don't want to change the
validate flavour to set BUILD_SPHINX_PDF=YES; afterall, we don't want to
require contributors to install LaTeX just to locally test their
patches. However, perhaps BUILD_SPHINX_PDF ?= NO is a reasonable
trade-off and then override this in the CI configuration.

Cheers,

- Ben