Thoughts on the Contributing page

Tobias Dammers tdammers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:14:39 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 03:55:06PM -0500, Ben Gamari wrote:

> For those following along at home:
>
>    David has been looking at revising our contributor documentation.
>    He has started consolidating a variety of relevant content on the
>    Contributing page of the Wiki [1]. Below are my thoughts; feel free
>    to chime in with your own.

One more thought I'd like to throw out in the open here:

The current Newcomers' Guide uses the current Makefile workflow, but
this is on a fast track to deprecation - but then, I doubt Hadrian has
seen enough exposure yet to use for a good beginner-friendly "Just
Works" guide. I'm leaning towards sticking with make for now, also
because existing material is already written this way; and then once
Hadrian is truly ready for prime time, we can rewrite the relevant
parts.

Thoughts?