Marge: "CI is taking too long"

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Fri Jan 25 13:10:33 UTC 2019

Richard Eisenberg <rae at cs.brynmawr.edu> writes:

> Marge has complained that
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/17206 is taking too long.
> And indeed it seems stuck.

Indeed currently CI is a bit backed up. There are a few reasons for
this:

 * I am currently in the middle of a (now two-day-long) internet outage
   meaning a non-trivial fraction (roughly half) of our builder capacity
   is off-line. I have been reassured that service will be restored by 7
   PM today.

 * there has been a significant number of patches recently, especially
   since I have recently migrated a number of patches from Phabricator.

Consequently it doesn't surprise me that CI is taking a while.

Cheers,

- Ben