access failed CI artifacts

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Jan 24 19:06:25 UTC 2019

Richard Eisenberg <rae at cs.brynmawr.edu> writes:

> A pipeline of mine failed: https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/16807
>
> The failures are just some output changes. I could delicately use the
> log to extract the changes and commit them, but it would be better to
> have direct access to, say, the *.run.stderr files and then commit
> those. Is this possible? Note that I do not have a build of this tree
> locally, as it's the result of a rebase that affected the output. Of
> course, I could build locally, but it would be nice to skip that step.

Unfortunately it's not possible to gain access to the resulting stderr
files; the working directory is blown up at the end of the build.

However, one thing I've been wanting to do for quite some time is to
teach the testsuite driver to report the actual test output in the JUnit
file it produces. With this you could in principle grab in the JUnit file
(which is one of the artifacts emitted by the job) and reliably scrape
the output from it.

Cheers,

- Ben