"resource exhausted" in CI

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Thu Jan 24 18:21:26 UTC 2019

Richard Eisenberg <rae at cs.brynmawr.edu> writes:

> Hi Ben,
>
> The pipeline for a recent patch (https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/16793) says:
>
>   HC [stage 1] compiler/stage2/build/TcForeign.o
>   HC [stage 1] compiler/stage2/build/TcRules.o
> /tmp/ghc6477_0/ghc_3.s: hClose: resource exhausted (No space left on device)
> compiler/ghc.mk:445: recipe for target 'compiler/stage2/build/TcTyClsDecls.o' failed
> make[1]: *** [compiler/stage2/build/TcTyClsDecls.o] Error 1

Wow, that was fast; I only configured this runner yesterday. I've
cleaned up the disk in question and will investigate the root cause. I
have also restarted all affected builds.

> Is there a way to avoid this? Or should I just restart the CI? And
> what does Marge think of it all? (As in, if I ask her to take another
> spin, will she do so on the same commit?)

I've restarted your job. The new job is [1]. If it passes Marge should
merge if she was so-instructed.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/16913