Reproducing bugs without Stack

Michael Sloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 06:26:53 UTC 2019

I don't have a good answer to your overall question, particularly when
reproducing the issue necessarily requires a large set of build
dependencies.  However, one thing that may be helpful is to use `stack
build --cabal-verbose`.  This will pass `--verbose` when running
Setup.hs, and ghc invocations are included in its verbose output.

Assuming your terminal's current dir is the package that the ghc
invocation is building, and the dependencies are built, you can run
paste the ghc invocation after `stack exec -- ` and it should work.
So, for example:

```
stack exec -- /home/mgsloan/.stack/programs/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.6.3/bin/ghc
--make -no-link -fbuilding-cabal-package ...
```

Then, perhaps you can try removing arguments of the ghc invocation to
attempt to arrive at a more minimal reproduction.

-Michael