MR does not merge

Phyx lonetiger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:22:52 UTC 2019

The problem is with the different platforms that need to be tested. I could
see this getting stuck in an infinite retest and rebase loop because you
have to wait on different builds to finish not just one.

So I think this is a harder problem to solve than we're making it out to
be. The system needs some concept of fairness and prevention of this retry
cycle. And you can't not retest the patch after a rebase as the
functionality of the already merged patch may be conflicting.

I imagine the bit cannot serialize all testing on all platforms otherwise
the slowest platform becomes the problem.