Hadrian

Alp Mestanogullari alp at well-typed.com
Wed Jan 9 11:10:17 UTC 2019

Hello,

A quick note about that 'make.md' document: it's meant as a quick
reference/cheatsheet (hence the _very_ lightweight format) for people
familiar with the make build system. Hadrian's README [1] is a better
place to start from in general and in fact answers or points to
documents that answer some of your questions. I would perhaps recommend
that you (and others) wander through that document and any other doc
that seems relevant to your interests/workflow (e.g testsuite.md,
user-settings.md in your case)

Hadrian is however currently lacking some knobs that are needed to
support some of the things you're asking about. None of this implies a
lot of work and they're all on my TODO. I will certainly make sure to
post an update once this is taken care of, in addition to augmenting the
relevant documents of course. For instance, we don't have a 'validate'
rule at the moment, but we've now got all the pieces we need to write it.

Once I get around to adding those knobs, I'll make sure that all your
questions are answered in the documentation.

Thanks for your initial feedback on this document!

[1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/blob/master/hadrian/README.md

--
Alp Mestanogullari, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/

Registered in England and Wales, OC335890
118 Wymering Mansions, Wymering Road, London, W9 2NF, England