FYI panic "flatten_args wandered into deeper water than usual"

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Mon Jan 7 14:58:40 UTC 2019

I suspect that you spent a good deal of time in search of this knowledge.

Is there something in this code that could have helped you do this faster? Unfortunately, the water in flatten_args is indeed deep, and I don't think there's any way to fix that. I've considered writing a peer-reviewed paper just to explain that one function, but decided that no one would care enough to read it (though implementors of other dependently typed languages likely have had to do similar).

Richard