Building dictionary terms in Core?

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 7 09:12:15 UTC 2019

I'm on a train, so unable to dig deep.

The standard thing to do is to build the dictionary in the type checker, and leave it in the syntax tree for the desugarer to use.

The ticket and MR discussion have grown long.  Is there an up-do-date stand-alone description of the currently-proposed design than one can read instead of doing (foldr add-comments empty all-comments)?

Thanks

Simon