GitLab cross-posting to Trac?

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sat Jan 5 18:20:20 UTC 2019

Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> It's **super-helpful** that the Trac ticket includes, as a comment,
> the commit(s) that fixed it. Please can this happen with Gitlab too?
>
> Otherwise, when looking at the ticket two years later there is
> literally no clue what commit (if any) fixed it.

To be clear, GitLab does cross-reference commits and tickets. I
completely agree that this is essential functionality.

What GitLab does not do is show the entire commit message in the
ticket. It merely adds a comment mentioning the SHA of the commit.
This looks something like this [1]:

    Ernestas Kulik mentioned in commit 70166550

I can see that having the text of the commit present in the ticket
itself may have value, however.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/issues/434#note_167754