The GHC Proposals Process

Eric Seidel eric at seidel.io
Fri Jan 4 19:19:19 UTC 2019

I've thought about this a little. The only advantage I can think of is that moving to GitLab would make it easier to cross-reference other GHC issues.

For example, in the record-set-field proposal[1] people have referenced a few different Trac tickets. Sometimes the reference includes a link to the ticket and sometimes it's just "#1234". GitHub (and I hope GitLab) has a nice feature that automatically renders references to other issues as links. It works across projects too, and the comment editor helps you search for the correct issue while typing.

This would be a nice convenience, but I'm not sure if it pulls its weight in comparison to the greater visibility of GitHub.

Eric

[1]: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/158