Welcome to GitLab!

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang-it at jeltsch.info
Tue Jan 1 18:47:39 UTC 2019

Am Dienstag, den 01.01.2019, 06:32 -0500 schrieb Ben Gamari:
> On December 31, 2018 6:27:33 PM EST, Wolfgang Jeltsch:
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, den 27.12.2018, 01:27 -0500 schrieb Ben Gamari:
> > >
> > > In the meantime, users of Trac should check and possibly update
> > > the email address associated with their account [1].  This address
> > > will be used to correlate Trac users with their GitLab equivalents
> > > so the correctness of this address will be important in preserving
> > > attribution information during the Trac import.
> > >
> > > [1] https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/prefs
> >
> > Will this correlation also work if I don’t have a GitLab account at
> > the time of migration but later will get a GitLab account that uses
> > the e-mail address I have on Trac?
>
> When the Trac migration is carried out new GitLab accounts will be
> created for Trac users who have not yet created an account. You will
> be able to request a password reset to gain access to this account.

Hmm. I’d like to have a GitLab account linked to my GitHub account
(login via GitHub credentials) rather than an independent GitLab
account. What if I create a GitHub-linked GitLab account before the
migration? Will this account be used for my Trac stuff in case my
GitHub(!) e-mail address is the same as my Trac e-mail address?

All the best,
Wolfgang