scopedSort and kind variable left-biasing

Richard Eisenberg rae at cs.brynmawr.edu
Thu Feb 14 20:14:44 UTC 2019

> On Feb 14, 2019, at 2:32 PM, Ryan Scott <ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can see the appeal behind dropping this exception, both from a specification and an implementation point of view. It'll require a massive breaking change, alas, but it just might be worth it.

The "breaking change" is just for people using visible type application with kind-polymorphic functions where there is more than one possible well-scoped ordering for type variables and the new scheme differs from the old scheme, right? Perhaps you were just being emphatic, but I don't think this would be "massive". :)

I say: go for it (without a proposal).

Richard