A few questions about BuiltInSynFamily/CoAxiomRules

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 28 07:52:14 UTC 2019

Thanks Iavor for your reply -- all correct I think.  Re

|  This is the basic idea, but axioms are encoded in a slightly different
|  way---instead of being parameterized by just types, they  are
|  parameterized by equalities (the reason for this is what I seem to have
|  forgotten, or perhaps it changed).

you'll find the reason documented in TyCoRep
	Note [Coercion axioms applied to coercions]

There are other useful Notes in that file about axioms.

Jan: if you would care to document some of this in a way that makes sense to you, you could add a new Note.  That would help everyone!

Simon