[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.6.5-rc1 is now available

Andres Sicard Ramirez asr at eafit.edu.co
Mon Apr 8 19:00:27 UTC 2019

Hi Ben,

Using https://downloads.haskell.org/ghc/8.6.5-rc1/ghc-8.6.4.20190406-x86_64-deb8-linux.tar.xz
I running as usual

$ ./configure --prefix=<some-path>
$ make install

I got the following error:

./template-haskell.cabal has been changed. Re-configuring with most recently
used options. If this fails, please run configure manually.
Configuring template-haskell-2.14.0.0...
ghc-cabal: Cannot find the program 'ghc'. User-specified path
'/builds/ghc/ghc/inplace/bin/ghc-stage1' does not refer to an executable and
the program is not on the system path.

ghc.mk:985: recipe for target 'install_packages' failed
make[1]: *** [install_packages] Error 1
Makefile:51: recipe for target 'install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 2

Best,

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 13:28, Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The GHC team is proud to announce the first release candidate of 8.6.5.
> The source distribution, binary distributions, and documentation are
> available at
>
>     https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.6.5-rc1
>
> This release fixes a handful of issues with 8.6.4:
>
>  - Binary distributions once again ship with Haddock documentation including
>    syntax highlighted source of core libraries (#16445)
>
>  - A build system issue where use of GCC with `-flto` broke `configure`
>    was fixed (#16440)
>
>  - An bug affecting Windows platforms wherein XMM register values could be
>    mangled when entering STG has been fixed (#16514)
>
>  - Several Windows packaging issues resulting from the recent CI rework.
>    (#16408, #16398, #16516)
>
> Since this is a relatively small bugfix release we are bypassing the
> alpha releases and moving right to the release candidate stage. If all
> goes well the final release will be cut next week.
>
> As always, if anything looks amiss do let us know.
>
> Happy testing!
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ben
> La información contenida en este correo electrónico está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario y puede contener información confidencial, material privilegiado o información protegida por derecho de autor. Está prohibida cualquier copia, utilización, indebida retención, modificación, difusión, distribución o reproducción total o parcial. Si usted recibe este mensaje por error, por favor contacte al remitente y elimínelo. La información aquí contenida es responsabilidad exclusiva de su remitente por lo tanto la Universidad EAFIT no se hace responsable de lo que el mensaje contenga. The information contained in this email is addressed to its recipient only and may contain confidential information, privileged material or information protected by copyright. Its prohibited any copy, use, improper retention, modification, dissemination, distribution or total or partial reproduction. If you receive this message by error, please contact the sender and delete it. The information contained herein is the sole responsibility of the sender therefore Universidad EAFIT is not responsible for what the message contains.

Andrés