GitLab conventions

Ryan Scott ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:16:33 UTC 2019

Thanks! The updated information is now on
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/gitlab/merge-requests, for those
who are curious:

> While the release manager can perform the backport on your behalf, it is
appreciated if you open a merge request with the backported patches
yourself.

One further question: if a patch (that is intended to be backported) first
lands on master, is it considered good practice to leave the corresponding
issue open until the backport happens, similar to Trac's "merge" status? Or
is this practice obsolete in the new label-based workflow?

Ryan S.