The future of Phabricator

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:02:37 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-30 at 11:53:18 +0000, Matthew Pickering wrote:

[...]

> A compelling argument to move to gitlab is the possibility of tighter
> integration between the patches and tickets.

You don't need to move to GitLab to achieve that, do you?

In fact, we had this project where somebody invested quite a lot of time
& effort to implement a proof of concept for migrating Trac tickets into
Phabricator which you might remember; it was generally well received
but afaik this was silently forgotten about and so the ball was dropped
in pushing it further:

  https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2016-December/013444.html

I'd much rather sacrifice Trac's benefits by consolidating Trac tickets
into Phabricator (if the tighter integration between code-review &
ticketing is the main compelling argument) than to give up on both,
Phabricator *and* Trac.