slow execution of built executables on a Mac

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 21:02:53 UTC 2018

theory one:

are you setting the intree gmp flag? and/or  dont have gmp the library
installed? maybe your ghc is using integer simple!

theory two: dont set -j greater than about 8 or perhaps 16? (some parts of
ghc are slower on too paralle a setup?)

those are my two off the cuff guesses

you could also look at system monitor to see if your'e being IO bound or
memory or CPU bound
(possible failure siutation: the repo is under dropbox or something and
dropbox is eating your memory bandwidth trying to sync stuff?)