Suppressing False Incomplete Pattern Matching Warnings for Polymorphic Pattern Synonyms

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:35:01 UTC 2018

I think that `LL` is precisely intended for abstraction. If this
`COMPLETE` pragma were possible to implement then a user shouldn't
know the difference between the old and new representations.

The reason that `COMPLETE` pragmas are designed like this is that it's
how the pattern match checker is defined. The collection of patterns
used for the checking are queried by the type of the patterns so it
made sense to associate
each `COMPLETE` set with a specific type.