Why align all pinned array payloads on 16 bytes?

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 10:43:49 UTC 2018

Thanks for all the answers. Another surprising thing about the pinned object
allocation primops is that the aligned allocator allows alignment to bytes,
rather than to words (the documentation doesn't say whether it's words or bytes,
but it can be seen from the code that it's actually aligning to the given
byte). Is there a use case for this or people mostly use alignment on word
boundaries?

Ömer