[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.6.1 released

Jens Petersen juhpetersen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:54:17 UTC 2018

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 at 22:36, Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:
> On September 24, 2018 2:09:13 AM CDT, Jens Petersen <juhpetersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I have built 8.6.1 for Fedora 27, 28, 29, Rawhide, and EPEL7 in:
> >https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-8.6.1/
> >The repo also includes latest cabal-install.
> Thanks Jens! This is a very helpful service.

Btw I wanted to add that it is a lot easier for me now to test builds
of ghc than it was in the past (mainly since I stopped doing
bootstraps and testsuite builds, and also added a quick build option
in my .spec build script).

In Fedora we have 6 arch's now: 2 intel, 2 arm, s390x, and ppc64le.
And the new Fedora module system means I can ship multiple versions of
ghc for current Fedora releases (since 28), which is rather nice. :)

Jens