Coordinating the Hadrian merge

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Oct 15 22:13:57 UTC 2018

Hi Andrey and Alp,

Before ICFP we concluded that we will merge Hadrian into the GHC tree.
This unfortunately took a back-seat priority-wise while I sorted out
various release things but I think we are now in a position to make this
happen.

Andrey, would you be okay with my merging Hadrian as-is into the GHC
tree? In the past we discussed squashing the project's early history
however I've had very little luck doing this cleanly (primarily due to
the difficulty of rebasing in the presence of merge commits)

After merging there will be a period where we flush the pull request
queue but I don't anticipate this causing much trouble.

Cheers,

- Ben