Kind inference

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 29 17:30:52 UTC 2018

I have been working for longer than I care to admit on a significant refactoring of kind inference.
I've just pushed it.  It's a pretty big patch, which Richard and I have been discussing for some weeks.   It validates, and fixes at least nine troublesome open tickets.
But of course I could have made a mistake.  Be vigilant.
My: there will almost certainly be conflicts with your visible kind application patch, especially in tcInferApps.  But that function has gotten substantially simpler in my patch so I don't think it'll be hard to fix things up.
Phew!