llvm way only tests?

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Nov 29 15:06:07 UTC 2018

Gabor Greif <ggreif at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> what is the magic incantation for running tests only when the llvm
> tools (e.g. `opt`) are around?
>
> I am currently declaring the test as
>
> test('T15155l',
>   [ only_ways(llvm_ways),
>   ], run_command, ['$MAKE -s --no-print-directory T15155l'])
>
> but it won't be included neither in the optasm builds (which is okay)
> nor in the llvm builds (gets skipped unexpetedly) I looked at the
> other test which are declared similarly, and they behave just like
> mine.

Hmm, I suspect the logic in testsuite/mk/test.mk for determining whether
LLVM is available is flawed. It concludes that LLVM is unavailable if
LLC=llc. I can only assume that the reason for this is that configure
will often find the system's on PATH (in which case LLC=llc) which
likely isn't the LLVM release that we expect.

However, we probably ought to be more careful here.

Could you comment on what LLC is set to in your environment?

Cheers,

- Ben