ghc 8.6.x release clearly fails validate or even make test, some help please!

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:23:29 UTC 2018

Happy to:

What’s the best way to look at the Diffs / expected actual for 50 or so
tests? So I can better triage these things as important or not going
forward?  For all I know it could be as simple as our passing diff stuff is
white space significant.  But I need some guidance on what files I should
be looking at

I can’t find any docs on how to poke at / read those on the wiki.  Alp
suggested just running a single test at a time, but that’s no ideal when
it’s so many ...

I ran that ghc build with clang from llvm 7 on high Sierra and no carter
patches.

I did cd testsuite ; make test THREADS=7