perf stats

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 15 11:43:28 UTC 2018

This has just started happening in my local build tree

Appending 0 stats to git notes.

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /5playpen)

Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /5playpen)

Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /5playpen)

Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /5playpen)

Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /5playpen)

Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

An error occured while writing the performance metrics to git notes.

      ​            This is usually due to a lock-file existing somewhere in the git repo.

../../mk/test.mk:344: recipe for target 'test' failed

make: *** [test] Error 1
Should I worry?  it looks bad.
I definitely don’t want to monkey with git notes when I’m just developing/testing/validating, which I do endlessly