8.6.1 status

Phyx lonetiger at gmail.com
Wed May 23 00:39:53 UTC 2018

I think I'll have to punt my changes for 8.8.1,

The I/O manager is mostly working but it's taking some time to iron out
the. Corner cases and ensure the behavior is not different than what people
expect with mio even though the model is quite different.

I have 12 failing tests but each take me a reasonable amount of time to
diagnose and fix without breaking other things and I still need to optimize
it all and add networking support.

The linker patches require some more extensive testing so I don't want to
rush those through either.

At this point, both patches are huge so they would take a considerable
amount of time to review anyway so they wouldn't stand much of a chance
even if I put them up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Tamar