HIE Files

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon May 14 13:30:41 UTC 2018

Interesting.

Please do keep the wiki page up to date so that it accurately describes the current design.  For example, I hope you’ll flesh out what a “simplified, source aware, annotated AST derived from the Renamed/Typechecked Source” really is.

Why not put the .hie-file info into the .hi file?  (Optionally, of course.)

What tools/libraries do you plan to produce to allow clients to read a .hie file and make send of the contents?

Simon