TTG hsSyn for Batch and Interactive Parsing

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed May 9 08:15:00 UTC 2018

Thanks.

I am absolutely behind this objective:
I propose to move the API Annotations to where they belong, inside the AST.
Indeed I thought that was always part of the TTG plan.

But I don’t understand what this has to do with interactive vs batch parsing.  Why don’t you unconditionally retain API-annotation info?  How would GhcPs be used differently to GhcPsI?

You might want to answer by clarifying on the wiki page, so that it is a persistent record of the design debugged in dialogue by email.

Simon