Custom ghcPrimIface for cross-compilation?

Moritz Angermann moritz at lichtzwerge.de
Fri Mar 16 06:10:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

not sure I understand your question. If you build a cross compiler
targetting a 32bit device (say Raspbian/Raspberry Pi) for say x86_64
linux, you end up with a 64bit compiler emitting code for a 32bit
device.

If you question revolves around dynamically changing GHCs target at
runtime.  Essentially turning GHC into a multi-target compiler, we
hope to get there eventually.

Please not that just emitting a single module in 32bit is likely not
going to get you far. You will still need to build the rts and potentially
some additional support libraries to turn that module into something
useful.

Cheers,
 Moritz