Functor, Foldable and Traversable for Expr

Sebastian Graf sgraf1337 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:28:57 UTC 2018

OK, so just deriving the instances doesn't yield the expected behavior,
because the `Var` case explicitly mentions `Id`s instead of the type
parameter `b`.
Even if that would be changed, it's not easy to pin down over which parts
of the syntax tree we should 'map'.
Should we include binding sites of local variables? I'm inclined to say No,
but only because I have my concrete use case in mind.

It's probably best to have non-derived, non-typeclass functions
`foldMapVars :: Monoid m => (Id -> m) -> Expr b -> m`, or a variant where
the mapping function also gets supplied a value of `data NameSite = Lam |
Let | VarRef` (for lack of a better name).