Not possible to build debug + prof, oversight or expected?

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 07:16:42 UTC 2018

I just realized GHC 8.4.2 doesn't ship a debug + prof RTS, and HEAD doesn't
build it with release build (no build.mk) or with prof flavor. It seems to me
that this is a bug, because some debug files in RTS (e.g. Printer.c) actually
check PROFILING macro in a few places and print different stuff depending on
that.

Anyone know if this is intentional? It's really inconvenient that I can't use
debug runtime to debug profiling build issues..

(I also realized that we dont' generate .sos for some ways, which means -dynamic
is also don't combine with e.g. -prof)

Thanks

Ömer