Backing up and downloading Trac contents?

Jared Weakly jweakly at pdx.edu
Sun Jan 7 18:57:06 UTC 2018

Once we get our devops stuff a little closer to completion, it would be a
great idea to have a nightly backup script running somewhere that can be
accessed by members with certain permissions. Shouldn't be terribly hard to
set that up, I think? Granular permissions would be the tricky bit but even
if it's a whitelist, Haskell isn't quite big enough for that to be painful
to manage yet.

On Jan 7, 2018 10:19 AM, "Ben Gamari" <ben at smart-cactus.org> wrote:

Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2.me> writes:

> Working on something today, it came to my mind how much useful
> information is stored in Trac and how much time would get lost if it
> went down, corrupted or missing.
>
> With the source code there's no such issue as with git being a DVCS,
> everybody has the full history. But not so with Trac.
>
> Are there backups of Trac?

I periodically pull down database dumps for archival. I'm a bit hesitant
to expose the entire dump but most tables can be revealed without any
trouble. I'll try to put something up shortly.

Cheers,

- Ben