Spectre mitigation

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:45:55 UTC 2018

https://spectreattack.com/spectre.pdf

Has a full exposition for the curious.

It does seem that compiler level mitigations are one of several proposed
approaches , but the performance cost would be great!!!

That said, adding a “hardened” mode flag would be a viable approach if
someone wanted to explore that.  Would be a lot of work I think.  Plus I
suspect ghcs current architecture wouldn’t be the best starting point rts
and compilation model wise ??