Help with build ordering issue

Sylvain Henry sylvain at haskus.fr
Mon Feb 26 16:37:02 UTC 2018

On 25/02/2018 21:30, Ben Gamari wrote:
> Hmm, I'm afraid that's not particularly illuminating.
>
> It would be helpful to see the output from -ddump-if-trace as this will
> tell you why GHC is trying to load this interface file.

Thanks, it has been helpful. The relevant trace is:

Need decl for mkNatural
Considering whether to load GHC.Natural {- SYSTEM -}
Reading interface for base-4.11.0.0:GHC.Natural;
     reason: Need decl for mkNatural
readIFace libraries/base/dist-install/build/GHC/Natural.hi

Now I still don't know why GHC is trying to load the interface of the
module it is compiling.