[Haskell-cafe] rolling span and groupBy for lists

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 17:30:47 UTC 2018

Yes, Hayoo seems to be giving better results, I found more variants having
the behavior I want, it seems this variant is quite popular but still not
in any standard libraries.

Interestingly the problem of too many choices and no standard one that can
be discovered applies to search engines as well. In this case there are
only two choices but still it is of the same nature. I knew about hayoo but
forgot to use it in this case. How much time should one spend on finding a
trivial function before giving up and making the choice to write their own?
I wish there was a standard, quick, good quality way of discovering what to
use.  It seems the Haskell ecosystem DNA encourages more and more
fragmentation rather than consolidation. I think the community/leaders
should acknowledge this problem and work on making things better in the
short/long run.

-harendra