[ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.6.3 is now available
ben at well-typed.com
Sat Dec 8 01:43:37 UTC 2018
The GHC team is very happy to announce the availability of GHC 8.6.3, a
bugfix release in the GHC 8.6 series. The source distribution, binary
distributions, and documentation for this release are available at
The 8.6 release fixes several regressions present in 8.6.2 including:
- A code generation bug resulting in segmentations faults in some
- Darwin binary distributions are now correctly built against an
in-tree GMP (#15404)
- Three bugs leading to linker failures on Windows (#15105, #15894,
- A bug leading to programs with deep stacks crashing when run with
retainer profiling enabled (#14758)
- A bug resulting in potential heap corruption during stable name
- Plugins are now loaded during GHCi sessions (#15633)
As a few of these issues are rather serious users are strongly
encouraged to upgrade. See Trac  for a full list of issues resolved
in this release.
Note that this release ships with one significant but long-standing bug
(#14251): Calls to functions taking both Float# and Double# may result
in incorrect code generation when compiled using the LLVM code generator.
This is not a new issue, it has existed as long as the LLVM code
generator has existed; however, changes in code generation in 8.6 made
it more likely that user code using only lifted types will trigger it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 483 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ghc-devs