Windows test failures

Roland Senn rsx at bluewin.ch
Mon Dec 3 15:34:58 UTC 2018

Hi Tamar,
I looked into the testcases 'plugins09', 'plugins10' and 'plugins11'
and found the following: GHC-Windows uses BufferMode 'BlockBuffering
Nothing', however, GHC-Linux uses 'LineBuffering'.
If I add an 'import System.IO' and the line 'liftIO $ hSetBuffering
stdout LineBuffer' as first line in the do block of the function
'.../testuite/tests/plugins/simple-
plugin/Simple/SourcePlugin.hs:parsedPlugin' then all 3 tests pass
successfully on Windows!
I don't know anything about the "Why" and "Where" in the GHC IO module
on Windows, so I'm unable to come up with a patch.
Regards   Roland
PS: I can't say anything about the tests 'plugin-recomp-pure' and
'plugin-recomp-impure' as these tests run successfully on my (slow)
Windows box.