Haskell DLL (using FFI) causes memory leak.

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Mon Aug 27 18:42:05 UTC 2018

Phyx <lonetiger at gmail.com> writes:

> Oh and also, neither of those tickets you linked to should prevent you from
> using a newer GHC to make shared libraries.
>
> the Rts.h headers are nothing but convenience functions and you can just
> create the prototypes you need in your own headers.

That being said, I think it would be much better if GHC's headers would
accommodate C++ compilers, as Herbert suggested in #14784. I suspect we
aren't using much C99 in the headers anyways.

Perhaps we should just start by trying a conservative C++11 guard and
tighten it later if we find earlier language versions would work.

Cheers,

- Ben