Unlifted primop types

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 23 21:43:11 UTC 2018

Gah.  We have no way to be polymorphic over all pointers (both lifted and unlifted) but not over Int# etc.

As you say, this is too much of a special case to make an invasive change.

I’m quite dubious about making weak poitners to unlifted heap-allocated objects.  I can’t say it’s wrong but it feels dodgy to me.

Simon