primitive library

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 23 09:48:23 UTC 2018

Andrew, David
I've seen a lot of traffic about the primitive library, in which you two are playing a leading role.
Clearly something interesting is going on, but I have not been paying enough attention to work out what.  Maybe lots of unrelated things?  Maybe a handful of closely related things?
Would you consider putting out a summary (to libraries and ghc-devs) to give an overview of the main threads, and any driving motivations.  Why has all this blown up now?
Meanwhile, thank you for being so active.