GHC extensions

Peter Podlovics peter.d.podlovics at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:23:19 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I have a question about handling missing extension errors in modules. What
does exactly happen if an extension is needed for a certain language
element, but it is not present? I couldn't find the code segment where
error messages are handled, and since there are no immediate program
interrupts at their creation site (e.g.: at TcValidity.checkValidType), I
can only assume that there is some tricky laziness in action here.

Does the type checker still continue its business after encountering such
an error; or does it stop, and dump its the error messages?

Thanks in advance,
Peter